Now is the time to worship....

It doesn't matter what you are facing today, just stop and give Him glory! I am amazed how quickly God works in me to re-set my focus each day when in the midst of my worst moments, I take the time to stop, cry out to Him and say,"You are so good, Lord!" Somehow, it puts everything in perspective because immediately my heart is flooded with how blessed we truly are. I don't feel much like doing it lately, but it helps me get focused on what matters most. Nothing we have, nor anything we accomplish in this life will matter except that I am a child of God, He loves me and I get to spend an eternity with Him one day! It is amazing to consider even at my worst moments, when I have shouted and cried out to God in my anger, in my frustration, and yet....He gets me. He understands me. He hurts with me. He knows me. He loves me!!

Ryan and I are going through something fierce, something really crappy, something so difficult that in the midst of it right now it would seem like it couldn't possibly get any worse than it is. Then I read this:

Lamentations 3:28
The Message (MSG)
28-30When life is heavy and hard to take,
go off by yourself. Enter the silence.
Bow in prayer. Don't ask questions:
Wait for hope to appear.
Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face.
The "worst" is never the worst.

Well, a few weeks ago we started to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. As we have progressed day to day, tonight we find ourselves experiencing a bit more of that light. There is some hope, we are seeing God at work. We continue to hope and pray for God to move in our lives, and we believe that He is. We are so excited to see what His plan will hold for us in the weeks ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen