Unknowns, Uncertainties, Un-Fun

The waiting continues, it seems to become this sad, pitiful song of, "Nope, nothing new here. Still waiting." It is like being stuck in an elevator and the music doesn't end, the same sappy music plays on and on and on, never seems to end and it seems like we are not really going anywhere. I don't like the unknown, the uncertainties, the "Un-Fun". Yeah, I know it isn't a word but I am making it up anyway. I was reminded today in my quiet time of the purpose of prayer and how we should approach God in our conversations with Him. How do the words that come out of my mouth reflect the true intent of my prayers? Do they reflect trust and obedience, or are they "a demonstration of a lack of trust, a revealing of misunderstanding His sovereign nature and limitless ability"? Here is scripture I was given today to help jolt our focus back into place:
Ephesians 3:20 "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us."

Immeasurable, limitless, how many ways can we truly describe God? Do we believe it? Is that reflected in how we talk to Him? I know He wants to hear it all, my doubt, my fear, my anxiety, my frustration, my hopes, my dreams, everything that is flooding my heart and mind right now. But what I try to keep in mind, every time I talk to Him is this realization that as much as I am feeling and experiencing right now, He is able to overcome it all, and He will take care of me. He has a plan and purpose, even if I cannot see it or understand it right now, He knows exactly what He is doing and His timing is perfect!

It is painful and so incredibly frustrating for me to watch Ryan go through what he is going through right now. I want to take this all away, I want to wave a magic wand and instantly make something amazing happen right now for him. But I can't. None of us can. But God will do what He intends to do....when the time is right. When my heart and mind reach the edge of comprehension, God comes in and provides a peace that passes all of my own understanding. I can't explain it, but God is still here with us in every moment and He will not fail us or forget us. I have to believe it, I want to believe it, my faith and my resolve to know God more pushes me to hang on just a little bit longer.

The waiting is hard, but your prayers, your encouragement, your support, your willingless to stand beside us and help us get through this makes all the difference. Thank you, thank you, thank you to our friends, our family, and quite possibly people we have never even met. God is good, He is still on His throne, and yes, we believe He is working.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen