This morning I woke up to see a snowy white blanket covering everything outside my window. I wished I could have crawled back under the covers and stayed snuggled up in bed for a little longer. Reality check--life goes on, too much to do today! The winter weather, lack of sunshine and the daily routine makes it all too easy to become depressed and generally unhappy about facing another day. I have always been the type to push forward, not become bogged down and give up, throw in the towel. I may have a lot of moments where I trudge through my day in a grumpy mood, but at some point something I read or hear, something someone says to me snaps me out of it. I am sure I am not the first to admit I don't start my day at the exact same time in the exact same way everyday. My day starts and stops within a time fluctuation of about 15 minutes to half an hour. I know it is a terrible excuse, but I am sorry--having children should come with the expectation that we are not going to be on time all of the time. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee I will be late more often than on time, and it is usually because something happened to throw off the daily schedule. This may irritate those of you who pride yourselves on being prompt, ahead of schedule, planners down to every detail of your day. Good for you, glad you've got that kind of order in your life. Although at times I get a little bent out of shape cause my day didn't go quite the way I'd planned, I am learning to embrace flexibility and putting it aside til later. I am thankful God doesn't expect me to be perfect, that He understands I will fail, make mistakes, goof up. I am a work in progress, and as I work at it I will embrace the truth of His teachings, the promises of Scripture.
Proverbs 4:11-13 I will teach you wisdom's ways and lead you in straight paths. If you live a life guided by wisdom, you won't limp or stumble as you run. Carry out my instructions; don't forsake them. Guard them, for they will lead you to a fulfilled life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen

Light in the darkness