Solid Ground

At some point I know there is a give....I must yield to His will. My human nature does not want to do that. There is a battle within, my nature versus the Spirit. In the midst of the battle I find myself opening my Bible for answers, for comfort and strength. So many times I don't know where to look, because there are so many truths in the Word that meet every one of my needs. Yesterday I found Psalm 40, familiar and such a great comfort at this particular point in time. This week has been long and a bit harder, partly because of the absence of my sweet hubby and also circumstances I have had to deal with without him by my side.

'I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me

and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the mud and the mire.

He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.'(Psalm 40:1-2)
He steadied me, somehow in the midst of this struggle to stay on the path he has laid before us we have found solid ground. That is faith, trust and obedience--wow God! Where does that come from without having established a relationship with You? Where would we be if we did not have You? How would we get through any of this? I find myself questioning the other side of me, if I allowed it to dominate, to have control. What if...I chose to give up, become bitter and angry, wallow in pity and depression, wondering when life is ever going to be good. There is, in that moment of contemplation and self examination, a whisper of hope from the Spirit that says, "I am here, I am working--so don't give up!" And it is in that moment, I find my footing, a place to stand and know He is there. He is always right there, never moving or changing, always at work. Isn't that amazing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy and Light

Light in the darkness

Seasons come, Seasons go, Hallelujah and Amen